The Madness of Spring

The Madness of Spring

Where is Puxatony Phil?  We need to have him up on fraud charges!  Here in Indiana, as I pen this note, we have officially welcomed the crisp renewal of spring with yet the unescapable grips of more snow! Yes, cold temps and snow!
March Madness kicks off today with the NCAA tournament. This energizing time brings back connected memories for me as principal.  As I reflect, please realize I grew up on a farm.  And, as the old saying goes, you can never take the farm out of the boy.
This time of year always brings about a newness.  We are approaching the “planning” season in which we get a chance to listen to the voice of the stakeholders and tend our garden.  What will we plant and what will we pull for next season?  What will the new expected harvest become?
I hope you are like me and can celebrate a great year of school.  But at the same time, I always strive to do my best, be my best.  Reflective pause will lead to note taking, blogging, tweeting, researching and reading.  This in turn will lead to first steps for the “old R and D” to see what roots take hold.
So in closing, welcome March Madness, welcome spring..get on out of here winter..and welcome planning season!